What are the benefits Organic Cotton?
Posted on 18 May 2016
Organic cotton is grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and chemical nasties. A better choice not only for the environment but it's also kinder next to your skin.
What are the benefits?
The benefit to the environment is great.
- No chemical pesticides are used
- Organic cotton farming produces far less CO2 emissions - Organic farming takes 1.5 tons of CO2 per acre per year are taken out of the atmosphere
- Organic cotton farming uses up to 60% less water than conventional farming methods
- Pesticide or herbicide residues are not entered accidentally into the environment
- Humans and animals are not exposed to chemical pesticides or herbicides
- When the fabric is discarded, pesticides and herbicides are not returned to the earth in landfill, or enter into recycling process.
Organic cotton is so very skin friendly to those with sensitive skin, those of us who are going through the menopause and those who are going through chemotherapy (speaking from experience).
It's really and all round winner!
Make the switch today and shop for women's and men's organic cotton lounge and sleepwear... Shop now!